Another author interview, and what better way than to ask a few questions to my mate Lanie Jacobs. Her book Amaranthine is out there on the virtual shelves and has been greatly received. I won’t tell you too much about it. You’ll need to check it out. The book is very much like Lanie. Feisty, funny, and full of mischief.
- When did you first realise that you wanted to become a writer?
I’m not sure there was an exact moment when I decided to become a writer. I’ve always been a reader, pretty avid most of the time, but I would get so involved if the book didn’t go my way and it would just ruin the book for me. So one day I was reading a really popular series, screaming at the book in my mind, and as I was going to sleep that night I decided…I’m going to write a book.
- What novels/works have you released and what are you working on now?
My debut novel “Amaranthine” is out now, which, is a bit of teenage angst, love, betrayal, and of course a little bit of drama from the main characters (Khalida) past. The book is fast paced and hopefully keeps people biting their nails. I worked hard on the plot and story lines to make it difficult for people to figure out…I really dislike being able to figure out a book before I read it. At this exact moment I am working on a new series called the Lost Souls series. “Empty Souls” is the first installment to the new series. As I write I will alternate between my two series until I start a new adventure. I might write a mundane human love story, who knows with me.
- I’m a new author. Tell me how to achieve my goal?
I think that when someone writes we each have our own way going about doing things. Some are more organized, some have a organized mess. I think the best piece of advice I can give you are as follows:
1) Always carry around a note pad and pen. Write down all your thoughts.
2) Always move forward writing, there is a ton of changes you can make and you will always want to change something, so don’t. Write all the way through and then go back and make the changes you want. If you don’t do that you will always get stuck on the changes.
- Is there anyone who has influenced your writing?
I don’t think anyone has influenced my writing, I feel like I have a writing style all of my own. I get chastised by some for being different, but that is how it goes and I’m proud of my style and will continue to move forward.
- What makes you sit down and want to share your stories?
I love having world that is completely made up in your head. You can literally make up anything in this world. Along with that and great story line…It leaves it unbearable not to share. When you can see the world you are making up so vividly, you have no choice but to put words to it for all to read.
- Tell us a little bit about yourself?
I’ve been married to my husband for almost three years now and between the two of us we have six children. One boy and five girls, the oldest two being twins. I have my old girl Maddie, who is a twelve year old lab and my funny face Great Dane Sallie Mae who is just a mess but I adore with all my heart. I stay pretty busy between the family and my dogs and when I get a chance I sit down and write on my upcoming release…..
You can follow her at the following sites:
Check back soon to see another interview…..